Monday, November 29, 2010

Post Thanksgiving Pounds :))

I had two Thanksgiving dinners this year!! Twice the food, twice the weight gain!! I had Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family on Thursday and hosted another dinner for my mom on Friday. With the long break last week due to snow, I feel well rested and thankful for what lies ahead. I hope to land a new job soon and look forward to Christmas. My honey and I also had our 2nd anniversary, but celebrations are postponed because of our busy schedule and the fact that our anniversary happened to coincide with Thanksgiving.

A recent online order purchase from asos.com. I got this coat in grey. I fell in love with the puffed sleeves and high collar <3


This month I've been loving:

-Stella by Stella McCartney
-Coconut Oil and Rose Water as a moisturizer
-Earl Grey Tea with milk and honey
-Flawless you forever floral blush in Romance
-House training my dog



Update on my experiment:

I have not used shampoo for about three weeks now. There was one exception when I went to get my hair trimmed, but other than that I've been shampoo free. However, I have wash my hair with a baking soda and water mixture to keep my hair looking clean. I do that 1-2 times a week and hopefully I can cut it down to once a week. Other than the baking soda, I only wash my hair with water, brushing thoroughly from scalp to the ends of my hair with a natural bristle brush. I do this for about 10 minutes to distribute the oil in my hair evenly as well as brush out as much excess oil and grime possible. Sounds gross I know because that's exactly what I thought when going into this experiment, but so far it's not as bad as I thought it would be since I've gotten used to the routine now.  I haven't seen drastic results in my hair's health yet, but I have noticed that my hair is a bit less dry and tangly. I'm happy enough with the results to keep going with this experiment. I don't know why, but doing this no shampoo thing kind of feels refreshing and to a small degree makes me feel liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment