Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New purchases and new experiment

I was on the lookout for the perfect leather shoulder bag...and I found it!! I got it from asos.com for about $129 I believe. It's my new everyday bag and it matches my fall attire so I'm pleased with the purchase. I wear it across my shoulders which is so nice because now I have my hands free to hold my phone and coffee. I was so tired of purses slipping off my shoulder!!


New nail polish color! Butter London in Fash Pack. I got it because I wanted a Chanel Particuliere dupe that wasn't as pricey. I got this polish for $10, which is still kinda pricey in my opinion, but it was the closest match I could find. I like the color very much, but it seems to chip easily.


Got a new hairbrush because I heard natural bristle brushes are better and gentler on your hair and my hair has been very dry and brittle lately so I purchased this brush off of amazon.com for about $15 and I've been loving it ever since. The one I purchased below is the Denman large natural boar bristle cushion hairbrush.

The natural bristle brush is supposed to help hair look shiner, massage the scalp and reduce hair breakage.



Stella by Stella McCartney. Notes are rose oil, peony, mandarin, rose absolute and amber. This is my go-to fall scent. I absolutely love rose scents, I'm always spraying rose water on myself because I love love love rose and I wanted something that smelled sophisticated and rosey, but not powdery. This is my favorite rose scent!! well at least so far it is. I love YSL Parisienne, but it is a tad sweet so I like Stella more. After smelling it on me I instantly new, like Coco Mademoiselle, this perfume will be a staple.

Victoria's secret sweater purchase, the cotton cable dolman-sleeve sweater in blonde heather like in the picture below. I've also tried out some of victoria's secret's eyeshadows. I got the silky eyeshadows in champagne, between the sheets, and lose control. They are all various shades of brown and after trying them out I think I want to try more victoria's secrets eyeshadow.

I've been wanting the Urban Decay Naked palette, but I do not want to pay the money for it since I have so many neutral colors anyway so I got the NYX nude on nude palette instead. It costs much less and the colors are great, not too shimmery. It is a very small palette, but I think it's perfect for travel. I ignore the two lip gloss colors though, they look and feel waxy.



ALSO, I ordered some Babyliss hot rollers. I don't have a picture, but I'll put one up later when I receive them. I've been wanting a hot roller set and just gave in and bought one because I don't want to perm my hair again since i damaged my hair severely, but I still want to be able to have that natural wavy hair look. Hopefully I get the results I want from this hot roller set.






Now on to the new experiment...


I've always been a hygiene freak, so naturally I could never skip a daily full shower. Lately, however, my hair has been extremely dry with a serious split end problem. I have some hairs that are split four times in one hair!!! Another problem is that my hair just seems to be dull, lifeless, limp and flat.

So...

I've decided to go on the "no shampoo" hair method. Sounds gross I know, but I'm feeling brave and I don't know if it's just because I'm feeling restless, but I want to do something different. However, I will probably gradually transition into it instead of dropping shampoo cold turkey. I've heard that your hair looks pretty bad for about 6-8 weeks, but after that your hair's oil production stabilizes. The method is supposed to result in healthier, shinier, thicker hair.

Shampoos these days contain too many harsh ingredients that don't do much for hair. They strip your hair of it's natural oils and this whole "wash your hair everyday" might just be a marketing scheme for hair product companies to boost sales.

I've decided to do it...with a few adjustments. I heard you can wash your hair with baking soda and condition with apple cider vinegar to keep the hair looking less messy, so I will definitely do that. I think I'll also spritz my hair with rose water because I always want my hair to smell good :) I don't know if I'll give up shampoo completely, but I do know right now that I want to reduce shampooing my hair so much because it seems to be making my hair more dry and brittle. I'm kind of excited about this :)))

The colder season has also given my extremely dry skin so I've been moisturizing with coconut oil and it is super amazing. I definitely recommend it. I will probably talk more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment