Sunday, December 12, 2010

Coastal Scents: Shadow Worx Matte Eye Primer

I have just finished up my bottle of urban decay primer potion and the truth is I really don't feel like paying that much for another bottle, so I've been on the hunt for a cheaper alternative that works great too. I've heard a lot about the e.l.f. eye primer and so I ordered one of those online, but it isn't here yet. I also ordered Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Matte Eye Primer. I know they have a shimmer one, but I prefer something with a matte finish. I've been testing it out for a week now and I've grown to love it. Here are some observations I made about this product compared to the UDPP.

- More oily texture than urban decay primer potion

- I immediately noticed that they made my eyeshadows pop more than the UDPP (I don't know if that's just because it somehow just works with my type of skin, I have normal to dry skin)

- It is packaged in a squeeze tube rather than that stupid genie bottle that UDPP comes in, which makes it much easier to use the product. (I heard UDPP has come out with a squeeze tube now)

- Price for one tube of 0.676 fl oz is $14.95 (+$1.73 USPS First Class Mail shipping cost for me) while the cost for the Urban Decay Primer Potion of 0.34 fl oz is $18.00. The Coastal Scents primer is pretty much twice the amount of product you would get from UDPP, but at a cheaper price.


With that in mind, I'm set with sticking with the coastal scents primer rather than purchase another urban decay one. I'm really liking the results I get from the primer because they are comparable to the results I got from UDPP, even better than UDPP for me, but again that just might be for my skin type. Anyhow, I definitely think this is worth a try because I don't feel it would be a product that will disappoint.


Swatches by request:
Left: Urban Decay Primer Potion (what I managed to scrape out)
Right: Coastal Scents Shadow Worx Matte Eyeshadow Primer

And here's a picture of them both blended out 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing !!!!

    can you post a swatch of it when you have time ????? i'm really curious about the color and texture !!!!


    thank you :)


    xx !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing hun!!
    Have to check this one it sounds amazing!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete